Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Split America? Really cool article!

Check this article out on the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/us/politics/30trail.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

It's a cool article that compares the differences at Obama and McCain rallies and Biden and Palin rallies. I thought it was fitting because we talked about Brooks' article the other day in class, which is about whether or not America is divided into "red" and "blue."

After I read this article, I felt that the general conclusion was that the Obama rallies seemed to be very upbeat, non-traditional, and mostly young people or families; while the McCain rallies seemed to be more traditional, conservative, and mostly older people with the occasional young hard core republicans.

I thought it was a cool analysis of the different rallies and tags along to critiques of style, clothing, etc. It is very interesting to see the stark differences that appear on TV at rallies between democrats and republicans.

6 days!!! :)

No comments: