Sarah Palin appeared on Saturday Night Live on October 18th just weeks before the election, a controversial move. It was a risky decision that could go either way for Palin. On one hand it could improve her image by showing that she has a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at herself, improving her popularity in the polls; however, on the other hand, it may come off as a serious lack in judgment that dismisses her credibility and convinces the public that she is not qualified to be V.P. America needs strong leaders with solutions, and with McCain falling in the polls, Palin’s decision to appear on SNL and take away the focus from the issues and policy, may negatively effect McCain’s campaign.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/10/sarah_palin_hits_saturday_nigh.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I definitely think that it was a risky move for the McCain campaign to allow Governor Palin to shows her "real self" on SNL. Not to mention that the second time she appeared she sort of stated that would her "act" was supposed to be wouldn't be o.k. with the campaign. If you did watch thee SNL, that Palin didn't do what she was supposed to, which was a rap about the campaign and such. The rap was very funny(I think only because I support Obama), but in the end, I definitely think that it was a bad move for Palin to appear on SNL. Tina Fey does an amazing impressions of Palin and they look exactly alike and I think that it already causes enough trouble for the McCain campaign. Maybe we were right in the beginning when we said that McCain's choice of Palin wasn't a good one.
To sum it up, I think that Palin is unaware of how much the media takes over the national campaign. Because it is safe to say that when Palin ran for Governor, she wasn't really running against the media; only her opponent. I think that many of Palin's actions, whether they be on SNL or in an interview, have been immature and very effective in decreasing the amount of McCain supporters.
For fun, here is the second of Palin's appearances on SNL (the funnier one I think): http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-palin-rap/773781/
Post a Comment